THE cleric credited with rescuing Ireland's Gaelic past is set to be honoured – more than four centuries after his birth.
Franciscan Friar, Brother Micheal O Cleirigh, was the principal of the Four Masters, the annals of which tell the history of Ireland from the earliest times.
Brother O Cleirigh is to be honoured at a school in Rossnowlagh, Co Donegal, close to his birthplace circa 1590 at Creevy, outside Ballyshannon.
A committee has been working for several months to set up a summer school to honour him and his partners.
The inaugural event will be held on Saturday, May 17, this year in the Franciscan Friary Campus at Rossnowlagh.