Insider Beauty Tuesday: Festival essentials for fuss-free camping
Make a list and check it twice, don't get caught out this weekend at Electric Picnic with our round up of beauty must haves.
Published 26/08/2014 | 12:41
1. Wipes are a no brainer. Pack some than can be used for freshening up, cleaning mud off your boots and removing your make up to lighten the load.
Make up wipes might not be the best for your skin but using them for just three days won't do any damage.
Water Wipes are 99.9% water, so gentle enough to use on sensitive skin, yet will remove even waterproof mascara. €2.99 for 60.
2. SPF: Whether the sun is shining or not, you'll want to protect your skin with an SPF. Darphin CC Cream SPF35 (€35) offers just the right amount of coverage and dries to a matte finish, evening out the skin without that 'made up' look. Expect to hear lots of, "how do you look so fresh?"
3. Waterproof eye make up is a must, because well, this is Ireland.
Urban Decay All Nighter Eyeliner (€20) doesn't budge and Make Up Forever Smoky Lash Aqua Mascara doesn't compromise on volume and length like some waterproof versions.
If that all sounds like too much effort then just don a pair of sunnies and hang out at Casa Bacardi where you'll probably find most of the INSIDER team rocking a bright lip inspired by the Latin festival vibe.
4. Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil (€6.79) will be your favourite festival friend.
Once on these guys last for hours leaving you free to spend more time ordering cocktails and dancing rather than reapplying your make up in the rain!
5. Perfume. Let's not forget the lack of actual cleaning for three entire days. Wipes and deo will do what they can, but you'll still want to sweeten up with a fresh smelling perfume. Halle Berry Wild Essence (€19.95 for 30ml) is the perfect end of Summer fragrance, bursting with floral and citrus notes.
6. Antioxident. Multipurpose products are a saviour when festival-packing. Trilogy Rose-hip Oil Antioxident+ (€32.95 for 30ml) will nourish your skin overnight to limit the signs of dehydration on your face. Frizzy hair ends and dry thirsty skin on your body will also drink this stuff up!
Nadia El Ferdaoussi
Beauty Editor and Freelance Make Up Artist
Pick up Insider Magazine with the Irish Independent every Thursday.
Like Insider Mag on Facebook