Adrian Weckler is Ireland’s most recognised commentator on how technology is changing our personal and professional lives.
As Technology Editor of both The Irish Independent and The Sunday Independent, he has risen to become the country’s most senior journalist in the sector, regularly appearing on national and international television and radio shows to interpret new trends.
Appearances include RTE, the BBC, Sky News and a host of other broadcasters.
He also regularly interviews many of the world’s most senior technology company executives. As an expert at explaining new trends in technology to lay audiences, Adrian specialises in subjects that include:
- What’s coming next: things to get excited and scared about
- How technology is radically changing the way ordinary businesses work today
- The growing impact of digital services on our personal and professional lives
- How to keep ahead in the smartphone economy
- Clever ways to make disruptive technologies work for your business without uprooting it
- Cloud technology and telecoms trends
He is also an authoritative commentator on issues that include data protection, internet security, privacy, apps, developments in hardware and many other topics.
As a seasoned journalist, Adrian understands the importance of steering away from tech jargon and business-speak, behind which many pundits hide weak views and explanations.
He is a previous winner of Smurfit Business Journalism award and Irish Internet Association's Net Visionary.
Adrian started his career as a telecoms journalist in Dublin in 1999, quickly moving to become Technology Editor of Ireland’s business broadsheet newspaper, The Sunday Business Post.
In 2013, he accepted a new role as group technology editor for Ireland’s largest media publishing organisation, Independent Newspapers. His columns and articles are read by over 1m people in print and millions more online each week.