New Articles

Friday 19 September 2014

Sexton: I’m settled in Paris and will not be returning to Leinster

Published 17/03/2014 | 21:14

  • Share
Jonathan Sexton: "We have a baby due in July and it’ll be born in Paris, please God."

Fresh from his Six Nations exertions, Jonathan Sexton has denied reports he could return to Ireland ahead of the 2015 World Cup.

  • Share
  • Go To

The Irish out-half scored two tries in a glorious victory over France that sealed the championship in his new surroundings of Paris and was instrumental from game one in Ireland’s second title in five years.

Sexton left his international colleagues today to return to Racing Metro where he will be assessed by the club after suffering concussion during the encounter, and is expected to return to club action swiftly.

There had been growing speculation that Sexton might return to Ireland with the World Cup on the horizon, with Brian O’Driscoll recently suggesting that he would be “welcomed back” if he decided to move home.

However speaking on 2FM’s Game On this evening, Sexton said there is no basis to such rumours and he is very happy in his new surroundings.

“That’s not going to happen.” the 28-year-old told host Damien O’Meara

“Me and my wife are settled.”

“We have a baby due in July and it’ll be born in Paris, please God,” he added.

Midi Olympique had also added fuel to the fire by suggesting that the likelihood of a move had “increased significantly” over the past week, but the player remains adamant that he is going nowhere.

Read More

Editors Choice

Also in this section