Top ten most-watched shows on RTÉ in 2013
Published 16/01/2014 | 10:21
Ryan Tubridy's Late Late Toy Show extravaganza was the most-watched programme on RTE in 2013. Here are the broadcaster's top ten most-watched shows from last year:
1. The Late Late Toy Show – Ryan Tubridy’s ‘Mary Poppins’ themed extravaganza was the hit of the year and a hot topic on social media. It was watched by 1,547,000 viewers.
2. The season finale of ‘Love/Hate’ ranked second on the most-watched shows on RTE of 2013. Frano, Elmo and Nidgey are bound to be please with the news that 1,117,000 tuned in to the much anticipated finale of Stuart Carolan’s gangland hit.
3. And sport comes in a close third with ‘The Sunday Game’ live coverage of the All-Ireland Senior Football Final taking bronze medal. On the day itself, Dublin grabbed gold and Mayo had to make do with silver.
4. Hit comedy ‘Mrs Brown’s Boys’ takes fourth and fifth place in the small screen ranks. An episode at the beginning of February last year rolled in over a million viewers.
5. The Christmas special can enjoy fifth place in the viewership stakes, putting a smile on Brendan O’Carroll’s face for the festive season.
6. It’s sport again for number six. Just missing out on the top five, ‘The Sunday Game’s All-Ireland Senior Hurling Final (round one) was watched by 889,400 people. Its replay two weeks later pulled in 629,900.
7. The Eurovision Song Contest was watched by a massive 809,500, but our Ryan Dolan finished last.
8. The most-watched RTE News: Nine O’Clock was on January 20, 2013. The bulletin reported on the inauguration of US President Barack Obama for the second time and Taoiseach Enda Kenny’s revelation that he was subjected to personal abuse due to the Government’S decision to legislate for the ‘X Case’.
9. Reality TV show ‘The Voice of Ireland’ was watched by 759,700 last February
10. And finally, the RTE News: Six One on the 13th March last year was watched by 724,100/.