independent

Monday 21 April 2014

‘Revenge’ creator Mike Kelley announces his decision to leave show

The cast of Revenge.

REVENGE creator and driving force Michael Kelley has announced he is to leave the show after the conclusion of the second series.

Kelley has served as the show’s executive producer since it was picked up by ABC last year.

It is believed that Kelley wanted a shorter third series, in order to relieve the pressure on writers and crew – a request which the network denied.

ABC has not yet announced whether it will renew Revenge for a third series, however all indications suggest the cast, led by Madeleine Stowe and Emile VanCamp, will return.

Kelley said on his departure: “Helming this series has been the ride of a lifetime, and my producing partner, Melissa Loy, and I will look back on our Revenge time with deep gratitude and respect for Emily and Madeleine and the rest of the incredible cast, our heroic crew, the dedicated and imaginative producing and writing team, and the tireless post production department," he said.

He added: "I'm excited about finishing post production on the season two finale, which I hope will stand among the best episodes of the series thus far. Continued success to all."

Barry Jossen of ABC studios said: "Mike Kelley created a distinctive series for our studio and network with tremendous passion and dedication.  We wish him all the best as he moves on to his next television achievement.”

Also in this Section

Classifieds

CarsIreland

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet, chat and connect with
singles in your area

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet Singles Now

Findajob

Apps

Now available on

Top Stories

Most Read

Independent Gallery

Your photos

Send us your weather photos promo

Celebrity News