Sunday 24 September 2017

Kian Egan reveals ‘The Voice’ judges to cut teams further in first live shows

Brian O'Reilly

Brian O'Reilly

THEY may have survived the gruelling battle rounds, but Kian Egan has sent out a warning to the contestants on this year’s series of ‘The Voice’ – as every judge will be forced to cut their teams by a third in the first two weeks of live shows.

The former Westlife singer was speaking to Ryan Tubridy when he revealed the shake-up to this year’s live shows.

“We will all have three contestants for the first week, the audience will put one through and it will be down to us to decide who stays”, he said.

“That will happen again the following week. For the first two weeks we lose a contestant each — people are going to go home very fast."

The Sligo native said the changes were made to keep the show fresh and different from other talent show rivals.

“Last year it kind of felt like we got into the live show and it was just another live show with the contestant coming out on-stage.

“It was pretty generic and became very similar to all the other shows on TV, but now we are going to get to see the real talent really standing up.”

The talent show has been a ratings smash for RTE, regularly pulling in just shy of a million viewers every Sunday night.

Online Editors

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment