Entertainment TV & Radio

Saturday 23 August 2014

Is Louis about to get the boot from X Factor? ITV bosses tell Simon Cowell they want him out

Brian O'Reilly

Published 01/05/2014 | 19:06

  • Share
Louis Walsh
Louis Walsh

HE’S the only judge to remain on the show’s panel for all ten series – however Louis Walsh may not add to that record if ITV bosses have their way.

  • Share
  • Go To

X Factor auditions are due to start filming in a matter of weeks, however ITV bosses and Simon Cowell are still locked in discussions on Walsh’s return.

ITV bosses are said to be anxious to shake up the show’s panel after declining ratings – however Cowell is adamant that the Mayo man will return to the show.

Cowell is said be reluctant to drop Walsh after previous a previous attempt at a panel change didn’t work.

Walsh was also absent from an X Factor live show following the sudden death of Stephen Gately – with Cowell not happy with how the panel performed in his absence.

However ITV bosses want a change – which would see the 61-year-old dropped.

An ITV source told The Sun: “We want the panel to be as strong as it can be and if that means getting rid of people who have been on it before, so be it.”

They added: “It’s not just Simon’s show – it’s ITV’s so we have a big say.”

Both Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole are set to return to the show this year, with Cheryl reluctant to see Walsh return.

SHOWBIZ Reli_3.jpg 

While Walsh’s future is uncertain, it is still a mystery as to who will take the fourth seat.

Despite winning last year’s series, Sharon Osbourne has ruled herself out of contention.

Nicole Scherzinger wants to focus on her music – however she has proved popular with viewers meaning a return can’t be ruled out.

The full line-up is expected to be announced in the coming weeks.

Read More

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment