Wednesday 26 July 2017

Axed Craig backs Little Mix to win this year's X Factor

Undated handout photo issued by ITV of X Factor finalist Craig Colton who today blamed his exit on a poor song choice. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Issue date: Monday November 21, 2011. See PA story SHOWBIZ XFactor. Photo credit should read: Ken McKay/ITV/PA Wire NOTE TO EDITORS: This handout photo may only be used in for editorial reporting purposes for the contemporaneous illustration of events, things or the people in the image or facts mentioned in the caption. Reuse of the picture may require further permission from the copyright holder.
Undated handout photo issued by ITV of X Factor finalist Craig Colton who today blamed his exit on a poor song choice. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Issue date: Monday November 21, 2011. See PA story SHOWBIZ XFactor. Photo credit should read: Ken McKay/ITV/PA Wire NOTE TO EDITORS: This handout photo may only be used in for editorial reporting purposes for the contemporaneous illustration of events, things or the people in the image or facts mentioned in the caption. Reuse of the picture may require further permission from the copyright holder.

Evicted X Factor star Craig Colton today blamed his exit on a poor song choice and tipped the all girl group to win X Factor.

The former biscuit factory worker left the show after going head to head with favourite Amelia Lily in the sing-off.



Colton was given his marching orders in the first "deadlock" of the series as the four judges failed to reach a clear verdict and it went to public vote.



The wannabe - who performed the Bond theme Licence To Kill on Saturday's show - said the song choice sealed his fate.



Speaking on ITV1's Lorraine, he said: "It's all about song choice now, I hope the other contestants learn from this as well.



But he added: "I really liked the song and I've listened to it back and I actually quite liked the vocal. I think it was one of my best vocals as well - but it is down to song and people's connections with songs as well."



In last night's results show, Take That star Gary Barlow and Tulisa Contostavlos voted to send Lily home, while former Destiny's Child singer Kelly Rowland and Louis Walsh voted to get rid of Colton.



The programme featured a performance by chart-topping star Rihanna who wore shoes with a four-letter word scrawled on them in white pen.



Her appearance on the show late last year prompted hundreds of complaints due to her raunchy routine and recently prompted Ofcom to tighten up guidance about what is acceptable before the 9pm watershed.



Colton told presenter Lorraine Kelly today that he was under no illusions about having a lengthy career as a performer after the X Factor tour early next year.



"We'll see what happens. I'm not holding my hopes up too high, but I just want to have fun and I want to make music, that's the thing."



And he is backing girl group Little Mix to win this year's X Factor.



"I think there are a few front-runners. But I think out of everyone who has made the biggest journey and has improved the most, I think it's got to be Little Mix. They've come out of nowhere.



"They were always favourite to go early on and they have literally come out of nowhere. And I'm a massive supporter of Janet (Devlin) and Marcus (Collins) as well. Marcus is my little pop star."





Press Association

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment