Ant and Dec renew multimillion contracts with ITV
TV FAVOURITES Ant and Dec have extended their exclusive ITV contract for a further two years with a new multimillion-pound deal.
It ensures the duo will continue to host Britain's Got Talent and I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here!, which returns this weekend.
The golden handcuffs deal also paves the way for the return of their Saturday Night Takeaway series, which has not been screened since 2009. And they will host Simon Cowell's series Red Or Black if a further series is commissioned, under the new contract.
It means the Geordie duo will continue with the broadcaster until December 2013.
Their deal has previously been estimated to be worth around £10 million (€11.6m) each over two years. ITV would not comment on the new financial package, but it is said to be "broadly in line" with their previous contract.
Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly have had had an exclusive deal with ITV since 2000, after joining the broadcaster two years earlier to present Saturday morning shows SM:tv Live and CD:UK.
They have landed 12 National Television Awards, including the most popular entertainment presenter category for ten consecutive years.
Peter Fincham, ITV director of television said: "Ant and Dec remain at the very top of their game as two of the nation's most popular television stars.
"Their ability to connect with our audience is unrivalled and I'm delighted that we're extending our exclusive partnership with them both for a further two years."
Ant said: "We are really pleased to sign with ITV for another two years and continue to make the programmes we love with the channel."
And Dec added: "We always said we would bring back Saturday Night Takeaway, so we're particularly delighted plans are now in place. We have lots of fresh and exciting ideas for the brand new series."