Tony Soprano's Best Quotes
In the wake of James Gandolfini's tragic death, we round up 20 of the best
1. Dr. Jennifer Melfi: “What line of work are you in?”
Tony Soprano: “Waste management consultant.”
2. “My father was in it. My uncle was in it. Maybe I was too lazy to think for myself.”
3. “All due respect, you got no f**king idea what it's like to be Number One. Every decision you make affects every facet of every other f**king thing. It's too much to deal with almost. And in the end you're completely alone with it all.”
4. “Here comes the Prozac!”
5. “There's an old Italian saying: you f*ck up once, you lose two teeth.”
6. "Those who want respect, give respect."
7. “I wipe my a-- with your feelings.”
8. “A wrong decision is better than indecision.”
9. “If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.”
10. “Even a broken clock is right twice a day."
11. “What f-----g kind of human being am I, if my own mother wants me dead?”
12. “I'm like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to s--t.”
13. “What use is an unloaded gun?”
14. “You got any idea what my life would be worth if certain people found out I checked into a laughing academy?”
15. “It's good to be in something from the ground floor. I came too late for that and I know. But lately, I'm getting the feeling that I came in at the end. The best is over.”
16. It's too bad they don't have a telethon for f*ckface-itis, huh? They find a cure yet?
17. You don't s*it where you eat. And you really don't s*it where I eat.
18. I won't pay. I know too much about extortion.
19. [Responding to a proposed prostate exam] Hey, I don't even let anyone wag their finger in my face.
20. Hey, the language! Do you blow your father with that mouth?
21. The things I take pleasure in, I can't do.
22. This psychiatry s*it, apparently what you’re feeling is not what you’re feeling and what you’re not feeling is your real agenda.
23. [On Chicken Soup for the Soul] You should read Tomato Sauce for your Ass. It's the Italian version.
By Caitlin McBride