Riverdance returns to Dublin 20 years after premiere
Published 16/04/2015 | 10:54
Riverdance returns to Dublin 20 years after it premiered in the capital in February 1995.
The show will have its 12th summer season at the Gaiety Theatre from 23 June - 30 August 2015.
Since it began its journey as the interval act in the 1994 Eurovision Song Contest, the seven minute dance piece has evolved into a full=length stage show.
Produced by Moya Doherty, composed by Bill Whelan, and directed by John McColgan it broke all box office records during that initial run.
This 20th anniversary production of Riverdance last year played in 37 countries in Europe, including a return tour to the UK, and a 25 city tour of China.
2015 will see Riverdance tour to Germany, Japan, Cork and return to North America after a 4 year break for a 60 city tour starting this September.
Tickets for the Gaeity run are now on sale at www.ticketmaster.ie
Since Riverdance - The Show began in Dublin 1995, it has...
· Played over 11,000 performances
· Been seen live by 25 million people in over 465 venues worldwide, throughout 46 countries across 6 continents
· Travelled 700,000 miles (or to the moon and back and back again!)
· Played to a global television audience of 3 billion people
· Sold over 3 million copies of the Grammy Award-winning CD
· Sold 10 million Riverdance videos & DVDs