The life of Louis: Walsh is eyeing up a trip to the I'm A Celeb jungle if X Factor doesn't work out
Louis Walsh certainly isn't short of options.
The Mayo music mogul (63) is considering a turn in the jungle for I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here if his X Factor return isn't what it's cracked up to be.
"Louis has been offered both shows and is weight up what to do," an insider told the Sunday World.
"He has also said he would never do the jungle show, but he's now reconsidered it and is looking at the positive aspects."
Louis, who featured as a judge on the ITV reality show for 10 years, has been hotly tipped to return to boost its falling ratings and he confirmed on Friday that he has been approached about a potential comeback.
"Simon said the door was open to me months ago," he said.
"I talked to him last night. There is a possibility I might end up on the show, but I don't know for definite. I'd like to. I'm available. There is a possibility.
"It's up to Simon and I get on with him really well. I have worked with him for 12 year and we talk all the time. I think there is a chance."
The current judge line-up includes Simon Cowell, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, Rita Ora and Nick Grimshaw and has seen one million people switching off this year.
It has been reported that he would join the judging line-up, but would 'sit in a special place' separate to the judging panel.
Speaking previously, Louis said he believes the show is missing him and Dermot O'Leary, the former presenter.
"Simon’s got a new face himself. He wanted younger faces so he hired them. I was probably too old for the show," he said on Celebrity Juice.
"I have been watching. I think Dermot’s missed big time. I really do. I think the older people like me and Dermot.
"It’s not as good. I think they’re missing me and Dermot to be really honest with you."