Pressure on as Lucy's Late Lunch gets a second season
Published 18/06/2014 | 06:36
BROADCASTER Lucy Kennedy has revealed that Late Lunch Live will be back for another season.
The mum-of-two said that TV3’s director of content, Jeff Ford, has given the green light for the afternoon programme to continue in the Ballymount- based station’s autumn schedule.
“We have the go-ahead for another season and we don’t actually finish up for the summer so we’re going straight through,” she said.
“We’re pre-recording at the moment and then we go back to live broadcast in three weeks.
“We’ve moved to 3.30 too, which is a much better slot because we were missing out on the audience who were taking the kids on the school run.
“Now the pressure is really on for us to do well.”
Former RTE radio host Lucy, who signed a long-term contract with TV3 earlier this year after joining the team to co-anchor the Late Lunch Live with Martin King, is also lined up to front a dating show.
“I’ve yet to name it, I’m toying around with Fact or Fiction, but we’ll see.
“I feel like this is my true calling and I can’t wait because I am Cilla Black gone wrong.
“That kind of project is what I love, where it’s interviewing celebrities or setting people up, I love all that.
“We begin filming on that come January.”
The ex-2fm presenter previously worked in the freelance sector and now appreciates the security of a permanent job.
And Lucy, who turned out at the Champagne Bar of the RDS alongside stylist-turned-designer Brendan Courtney and model mum Sarah McGovern for the launch of the 141st Discover Ireland Dublin Horse Show yesterday, insisted that she is not planning a return to radio, nor a move to UTV.
“I don’t have time to do any radio as well as what I’m doing with TV3.
“I kind of just want my weekends to be for my family at the moment.
“And as far as I’m concerned, TV3 is my home.”
The 2014 Discover Ireland Dublin Horse Show will take place from August 6 to 10.