Monday 26 September 2016

Olly Murs slams 'ridiculous' criticism of X Factor

Amy Mulvaney

Published 22/07/2016 | 18:56

LONDON, ENGLAND - NOVEMBER 19: Olly Murs attends the ITV Gala at London Palladium on November 19, 2015 in London, England. (Photo by Stuart C. Wilson/Getty Images)
LONDON, ENGLAND - NOVEMBER 19: Olly Murs attends the ITV Gala at London Palladium on November 19, 2015 in London, England. (Photo by Stuart C. Wilson/Getty Images)
Caroline Flack and Olly Murs

Olly Murs has slammed the "ridiculous" criticism of last year's X Factor, which he hosted alongside Caroline Flack.

  • Go To

Olly was a runner-up on the 2009 show and landed the role following Dermot O’Leary’s sacking.

The pair have since been replaced by O’Leary for this year’s series following the harsh criticism they received online.

The 32-year-old told The Star that he doesn’t believe what people write on Twitter because a lot of people just want to gain fame from their comments.

Caroline Flack and Olly Murs
Caroline Flack and Olly Murs

He also said that he feels that people “love to hate” the reality show.

Olly’s criticism reached an all-time high during the show when he mistakenly announced that Monica Michael had been voted off when the result had actually gone to deadlock.

“At the time the mistake happened there was such a massive tragedy and people were getting killed and all these things were happening around the world and all people wanted to talk about was my mistake on the X Factor and how I was going to get sacked.”

Since his brief hosting stint, Olly has set his sights on focusing on his music career.

Online Editors

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment