Wednesday 26 October 2016

Louis Walsh in talks with RTE for new Ireland's Got Talent and wants Mario Rosenstock on the panel

Conor Gallagher

Published 09/10/2015 | 07:32

Louis Walsh
Louis Walsh

Louis Walsh and RTE have been in discussions about launching a new Irish talent show.

  • Go To

The music mogul (63), who left ITV's The X Factor judging panel earlier this year, said he has been in talks with the state broadcaster about an Irish version of Simon Cowell's long-running Britain's Got Talent.

The former Westlife manager told the Herald he is keen to bring the talent search here.

"I said I would do Ireland's Got Talent next year and I met RTE about it," he said.

"I haven't heard anything since, but I'm booking myself up for next year. If they want me they better hurry up."

The Mayo man, who appeared on the X Factor for 11 seasons, said he is a big fan of impressionist Mario Rosenstock and would like to see him join the judging panel if the new show goes ahead.

"It will be the same as Britain's Got Talent, but I'd like it to be a bit more crazy," said Walsh.

"I don't know who the David Walliams judge would be, though I think Mario would be great fun.

"I think he's so under-rated here. He's the one person I think should definitely get out of here.

"He has a great talent and someone in England should snap him up, the same as they did with Brendan O'Carroll."

Walsh, who refused to comment on whether he will be returning to X Factor or not, was in Dublin yesterday to launch the 2016 Junk Kouture Young Designers competition.

"I was a judge last year and I couldn't believe the talent and the originality of the kids," he said.

"This is where we're probably going to find the next great designer like John Rocha, Louise Kennedy or Paul Costello."

Louis Walsh in talks for I'm a Celebrity: Get Me Out Of Here but won't do Strictly Come Dancing  


Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment