Friday 9 December 2016

Louis Walsh gets the last laugh on Cowell as he wins bid for chance to appear on X Factor at charity auction

Published 03/11/2015 | 07:47

LONDON, ENGLAND - NOVEMBER 02: Sinitta and Louis Walsh attend the Music Industry Trusts Awards in aid of the Nordoff Robbins charity and BRIT Trust at The Grosvenor House Hotel on November 2, 2015 in London, England. (Photo by Karwai Tang/WireImage)
LONDON, ENGLAND - NOVEMBER 02: Sinitta and Louis Walsh attend the Music Industry Trusts Awards in aid of the Nordoff Robbins charity and BRIT Trust at The Grosvenor House Hotel on November 2, 2015 in London, England. (Photo by Karwai Tang/WireImage)

Louis Walsh has ensured he will return to X Factor this season, although not quite in the manner in which he had initially hoped.

  • Go To

The 63 year old music manager was ditched from the judging panel by Simon Cowell last year to be replaced by BBC Radio 1's Nick Grimshaw.

However, Louis paid £20,000 in a charity auction at the Music Industry Trusts Awards in London last night to spend a day at X Factor rehearsals.

It is not known what Simon thinks of the bold move by Louis or whether or not Louis will appear on screen.

Either way the money he bid will go to Nordoff Robbins and the BRIT trust.

The show has come under fire recently for sliding ratings, although Cowell was defensive of it at the Awards.

He received the 24th edition of the music award to honour his contribution to the music industry.

He told the Press Association: "You never take a show off that's getting 10 million viewers. It would be pointless."

The TV show has been under fire for an apparent ratings slump, but he said: "You've got to understand, the way we watch TV now is so different. We had 6.5 million a week ago - rounded up, it's nearly 10 million. That's how many people watch the show every week."

Online Editors

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment