Sunday 4 December 2016

Louis Walsh declines to comment on X Factor 'sensational return' rumours

Published 24/09/2015 | 23:19

Louis Walsh
Louis Walsh

Louis Walsh has declined to comment on rumours he is set for a sensational return to The X Factor.

  • Go To

According to reports, Louis will return to the show as a fifth judge to give sliding ratings a well-needed boost.

The Mayo man featured as a judge on the show between 2004 and 2014, but the line-up this year excluded the popular music manager.

Read more: In defence of Nick Grimshaw - 5 reasons why he's right for X Factor

The current judge line-up includes Simon Cowell, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, Rita Ora and Nick Grimshaw and has seen one million people switching off this year.

It was reported this evening Louis would join the judging line-up, but would 'sit in a special place' separate to the judging panel.

Read more: ‘It’s not as good, they’re missing me and Dermot’ – Louis Walsh wants to replace Nick Grimshaw on X Factor

The 63-year-old declined to comment on the reports but will appear on live television tomorrow afternoon to set the record straight.

Speaking previously, Louis said he believes the show is missing him and Dermot O'Leary, the former presenter.

"Simon’s got a new face himself. He wanted younger faces so he hired them. I was probably too old for the show," he said on Celebrity Juice.

"I have been watching. I think Dermot’s missed big time. I really do. I think the older people like me and Dermot.

"It’s not as good. I think they’re missing me and Dermot to be really honest with you."

Online Editors

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment