Jeremy Clarkson to make BBC comeback in just three weeks
Published 08/04/2015 | 07:51
Jeremy Clarkson will make his comeback on BBC before the end of the month, according to reports.
Clarkson, who was suspended and then fired from Top Gear following an assault on Irish producer Oisin Tymon, will return to the BBC on April 24th.
The Mirror reports that the presenter had already signed up for an episode of Have I Got News With You before he was dropped from Top Gear.
However, whilst he will not appear on the petrolhead show, he is not banned from appearing on other BBC shows.
Clarkson is likely to be lambasted by show captains Ian Hislop and Paul Merton in his first appearance on TV since the last episode of Top Gear was broadcast on March 8.
Yesterday it was revealed he would face no further police action over the assault.
North Yorkshire Police said the force had "completed its routine inquiries" in to the incident and would "not be pursuing this matter any further".
It said: "Now that all the interviews are complete, we have properly established that there is no need for further police action."
Oisin Tymon said last week that he did not want to press charges against his former colleague.
During the 30-second long assault on March 4, Tymon had his lip split and had to go to hospital. He was also verbally abused by Clarkson.
Clarkson reported the incident to the BBC five days later and was suspended by the broadcaster on March 10 before it announced his contract would not be renewed.
Although Clarkson will not appear on the final episodes of Top Gear, which may or may not yet be screened, he will appear in a series of live gigs with fellow presenters Richard Hammond and James May.
The events will be stripped of all Top Gear branding, however, and will not feature any clips from the show or feature The Stig.