Executive producer Lisa Clark leaves Top Gear after five months
Top Gear's executive producer Lisa Clark is leaving the show after five months.
Ms Clark, who has been working on the show alongside new host Chris Evans, said in a statement she was moving to new projects.
She said: "After an extremely busy five months I am moving on from Top Gear to new projects which I will be announcing in the new year.
"I'd like to wish production all the very best with the show."
She was hired following the departure of Andy Wilman, who will join the old Top Gear presenting line-up of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May on their new Amazon motoring show.
A BBC statement said: "We'd like to thank Lisa for all her incredible work over the last five months readying new Top Gear for its busy filming schedule in 2016 and planned return in May."
The BBC expects to announce a new executive producer in due course.
Evans has yet to reveal many details about the new show.
Talking exclusively to the Press Association at annual trade show MIPCOM (International Market of Communications Programmes) in Cannes earlier in the year, he hinted that there may not be co-hosts with him at all times on the new show.
He also recently appeared as a guest on BBC One's Saturday Kitchen and revealed the first episode would be on Sunday May 8.
Independent.ie Comments Facility
INM has taken the decision to remove the commenting facility on its online platform Independent.ie to minimise the legal risk to our business that arises from Ireland's draconian libel awards system.
We continue to look forward to receiving comments through direct email contact or via social media, some of which may still be featured on the website Independent.ie