Thursday 27 October 2016

Dermot O'Leary returning to X Factor in 3 year deal - reports

Published 24/02/2016 | 08:48

Dermot O'Leary
Dermot O'Leary

Dermot O'Leary is reportedly in talks with Simon Cowell to return to host the X Factor.

  • Go To

O'Leary (42) was given his marching orders last year after 11 years as the main presenter on the hit ITV show as Cowell shook up the line-up and replaced him with Olly Murs and Caroline Flack.

Now that Murs and Flack have confirmed they will not return, The Sun reports that O'Leary is being lined up for a return.

A source told the newspaper, "Dermot will come back to the X Factor.  Talks are under way on his deal but everything is positive.

Olly Murs and Caroline Flack
Olly Murs and Caroline Flack

"Everyone, including Dermot and Simon, has the will to make it work.

"Producers have realised you can't take any risks with the presenter of the show."

The insider suggested that Dermot, who had been commanding a fee of £1m (€1.27m), could be set to sign a three year contract which would possibly see out the lifetime of the show.

Dermot is currently presenting Getaway Car at the BBC.

He had previously suggested that ITV rest X Factor for a year and ditch the controversial Six Chair Challenge. 

However, the show will return as usual this year despite the last series suffering from plummeting ratings and The Voice UK also joining the entertainment family at ITV.

An X Factor spokesperson told The Sun, "Discussions are ongoing about the new series.  Details will be announced in due course."

'Simon should take it off air for a year' - Dermot O'Leary on X Factor crisis  

Online Editors

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment