Wednesday 26 October 2016

'I was happy X Factor flopped when they sacked me' - Louis Walsh

Published 18/07/2016 | 07:24

Louis Walsh
Louis Walsh

Louis Walsh has revealed that he was delighted the X Factor didn't work without him on the judging panel.

  • Go To

The Mayo music man has returned to the show for the 12th time on the panel, having been a noticeable absence on last year's popular talent search programme.

"I was sacked. They just told me not to come back," Walsh said. "Initially I was annoyed, and then I was really happy that it didn't work without me, I'll be honest with you.

"I was offered £1m for I'm a Celebrity… but I couldn't do it. Then Simon rang me up - he's the campest man you've ever seen - and said, 'don't do the show, darling, I have another show for you'. And that's when I knew I was back on X Factor."

He told RTE's Miriam O'Callaghan how his relationship with Cowell has not been damaged by what happened.

"I trust him 100pc, even though he sacked me twice," he said. "It's all about ratings for him, it's not personal. ITV wanted to make the show younger, but it didn't work.

"Simon's a pussycat. He's charming, never curses, never raises his voice and he loves animals," he added.

Louis also said he was delighted to have Sharon Osbourne back.


Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment