Thursday 25 December 2014

Walsh set to launch new boy band

Published 30/12/2013 | 11:42

Louis Walsh will launch a new boy band
Louis Walsh will launch a new boy band

Louis Walsh has revealed that his plans for the new year include launching a new boy band.

The X Factor judge, who was behind Westlife and Boyzone, told the Daily Mirror he had a new group lined up and ready to go which wouldn't feature any previously seen faces from TV singing contests.

He said: "I'm doing a brand new boy band that will be ready to go next year. They're going to rehearse for the month of January, see the record companies in February and take it from there.

"No familiar faces, all new kids that have never been on a talent show or anything. I auditioned a thousand!"

Louis, who also mentored Irish singer Samantha Mumba and represents former X Factor act Union J, ex Westlifer Shane Filan and Boyzone star Ronan Keating, added that he would be starting 2014 with a relaxing break in Miami.

The 61-year-old said: "In 2014 all I want is to be happy and well. I just love to work in this business. I'll go to Miami for the whole month of January. I go there three months of the year. I have an apartment and I just love it, it's the best place in the world."

Press Association

Promoted articles

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment