Uptown Funk setting pace for 2015
Published 01/04/2015 | 00:06
Mark Ronson's Uptown Funk is the biggest selling single of the year so far with more than a million copies shifted since January 1.
Data from the Official Charts Company show the song, which featured Bruno Mars on vocals, is ahead of other efforts from Ellie Goudling and Hozier.
The track, which topped the charts, has sold more than 810,000 copies and been streamed more than 26 million times - giving it a combined chart sales tally of more than a million.
Streaming data is weighted so 100 plays equal one physical sale to draw a difference between shelling out specifically for a track and merely choosing to play it as part of a general service.
The second best seller is Ellie Goulding's Love Me Like You Do, from hit film Fifty Shades Of Grey, which had combined sales of more than 725,000.
Hozier's Take Me To Church completes the top three with 705,000 sales.
The top 10 biggest selling singles of 2015 so far:
1. Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars
2. Love Me Like You Do - Ellie Goulding
3. Take Me To Church - Hozier
4. Wish You Were Mine - Philip George
5. Four Five Seconds - Rihanna, Kanye West and Paul McCartney
6. Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran
7. Earned It - The Weeknd
8. Hold Back The River - James Bay
9. Up - Olly Murs featuring Demi Levato
10. Sugar - Maroon 5