Tulisa reveals Louis Walsh supported her through drugs trial
Published 02/08/2014 | 15:39
Tulisa Contostavlos has opened up about the support she received during her drug trial saying Louis Walsh was there for her when others weren’t.
In June 2013, the former X-Factor judge was “exposed” by the Sun on Sunday in a front-page splash claiming she had fixed a cocaine deal.
She has since been cleared of all drugs charges but revealed that she has lost “a good few friends and 90% of my associates,” in the process.
“People in the industry who were so pally-pally – darling this, darling that – when the s**t hits the fan they dissociate themselves.
“When they see you, they’re like, ‘Oh, hi’ and looking round in case there’s a journo seeing if you’re stood next to Tulisa,” she told the Guardian.
One friend she didn’t lose however was Louis Walsh.
“People I was close to on the X Factor were Louis and Nicole and even Gary.
“Louis’s always the first person to text.”
Last month, Louis Walsh (61) urged Tulisa to sue the newspaper.
“The whole thing was totally wrong – it was a disgrace from the start. It was entrapment. They targeted her and went out to ruin her name.
“I hope she sues and lets people know the real story on The Sun because there is more to this.
“I really feel for Tulisa and everything she’s been through,” he told The Star.
In 2012, Walsh received €500,000 after the Sun falsely labelled him a sex assaulter.