The sacred (cash) cow -- How the industry will celebrate Dylan's 70th
To coincide with Bob Dylan becoming a septuagenarian, a slew of new albums, DVDs, books and other merchandise are flooding the market, including ...
- Shot in 1965, D.A. Pennebacker's vintage 1967 black-and-white documentary Don't Look Back is being released on Blu-ray.
- Sony/Legacy is releasing Murray Werner's The Other Side of the Mirror: Bob Dylan at Newport Folk Festival, 1963-1965 on Blu-ray.
- The children's biography, When Bob Met Woody: The Story of the Young Bob Dylan, was released by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers on May 3.
- Bob Dylan in Concert -- Brandeis University 1963 was released by Sony/Legacy on April 12.
- Bob Dylan: A Spiritual Life, by Scott Marshall, was published on April 15.
- A new biography, The Ballad of Bob Dylan, by Daniel Mark Epstein was published by Harper Books on May 3.
- Andy Gill's Bob Dylan: Stories Behind the Songs, 1962-1969 was published by Carlton Books on April 5.
- The updated edition of The Old, Weird America was released by Picador on April 11.
- The re-release of Robert Shelton's classic biography, No Direction Home (which includes an additional 20,000 words cut from the original 1986 manuscript) was released by Back Beat Books on May 1.
- For the serious music collector, Box of Vision released its Bob Dylan music archive in April.
- David Yaffe's new volume of essays, Like a Complete Unknown (Yale University Press), will hit the shelves on May 24.
- Chrome Dreams released the final DVD of its Dylan documentary collection -- Bob Dylan 1990-2006, The Never Ending Narrative -- on April 19.
- Produced by Highway 61 Entertainment, another new DVD documentary, Bob Dylan Revealed, was released on May 1.