Entertainment Music

Sunday 4 December 2016

Strictly no dancing for O'Leary

Published 09/06/2015 | 13:19

Tess Daly will not be watching Dermot O'Leary on the Strictly dancefloor
Tess Daly will not be watching Dermot O'Leary on the Strictly dancefloor

Former X Factor host Dermot O'Leary has dismissed reports that he will be foxtrotting his way on to Strictly Come Dancing.

  • Go To

The presenter, 42, was thought to be joining the BBC One show this autumn following his exit from ITV rival The X Factor.

But O'Leary told Heat magazine: "I won't be going on Strictly. They have two very good hosts... and it's a brilliant show."

He added: "I still have The X Factor in my blood - I love the show, so I'd never be a competitor on Strictly."

O'Leary hinted that he might pursue opportunities in the US, and said of the ITV talent show: "A lot of my friends quit The X Factor, which is one of the reasons why I left."

Strictly's co-presenter Tess Daly and the show's judge Craig Revel Horwood have said that they would like to see O'Leary on the dancefloor.

The former Big Brother's Little Brother host has been replaced by Olly Murs and Caroline Flack - who won last year's Strictly - as presenters on The X Factor.

He recently danced for 24 hours to raise money for Comic Relief.

Press Association

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment