Saturday 10 December 2016

Split claim untrue, George tells TV

Published 07/03/2011 | 14:03

George Michael called a TV show to deny a story that he had split from partner Kenny Goss
George Michael called a TV show to deny a story that he had split from partner Kenny Goss

George Michael has called a daytime TV show to assure viewers he has not split from his boyfriend - after he saw presenters discussing it.

  • Go To

The singer rang Channel 5's The Wright Stuff to deny he had broken up with long-term partner Kenny Goss.

George - on the comeback trail with a new single True Faith - had earlier used Twitter to ask fans to contact the programme on his behalf.

Then he called the live programme himself to clarify the situation and said suggestions they had split were "untrue".

Former Wham! star George served half of a two-month prison sentence last year for drug-driving. "It is complete bulls*** about myself and Kenny breaking up. Don't believe this story," he said.

"We've had our problems but he's never had a problem with my lifestyle. I love Kenny very much."

His denial follows a newspaper report that Kenny had walked out on the relationship. He had stood by the singer over the chart star's arrest in a Los Angeles toilet in 1998, his use of drugs and his admissions that he went out looking for casual sex.

The singer said of his spell in prison last year: "I was paying my karmic bill. I deserved my punishment and appreciate being given the chance to start again."

George has said he is now receiving therapy for his drug use. He also told Wright Stuff presenter Matthew Wright that he had been a regular viewer of the show during his prison term.

"I watched it every morning in the nick," he said.

Press Association

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment