Sunday 4 December 2016

Ross may turn down Brits host offer

Published 13/09/2010 | 17:39

Jonathan Ross may turn down an offer to host the Brit Awards
Jonathan Ross may turn down an offer to host the Brit Awards

Jonathan Ross has been offered the role of Brits host next year - but may turn it down.

  • Go To

The presenter, who left the BBC in July after his contract ended, said he saw the role as a "poison chalice".

Brits bosses have promised a revamp of the event, which is to move to London's O2 Arena next year after more than a decade at Earls Court.

Ross appeared last year to hand out a prize, but was much mocked for his attempt to look "street", joking that he had been dressed by Dizzee Rascal.

He revealed he had been asked to host the 2011 show during an interview with radio station TalkSport.

Ross said: "I might be doing the Brits, they've asked me to do that.

"Not sure if it works because of the dates and also it's a bit of a poison chalice," he added.

Last year's event was anchored by comic Peter Kay.

Ross is spending much of the next 12 months away from TV, although he is to host BBC4's World Cinema Awards next month.

He is to return with a chat show in autumn next year after signing a deal with ITV.

Press Association

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment