Monday 5 December 2016

Pete Doherty banned from driving

Published 11/03/2010 | 14:31

Pete Doherty has been banned from driving after attending a magistrates hearing
Pete Doherty has been banned from driving after attending a magistrates hearing

Pete Doherty has been given a 12-month driving ban and fined £500 after he admitted allowing his manager to use his Daimler without insurance.

  • Go To

A lawyer entered a guilty plea on the rock star's behalf during a hearing before magistrates in Lowestoft, Suffolk.

Last month the singer's manager Andrew Boyd was given a 12-month jail term after a court heard he ran into a pedestrian then drove off at speed in the Daimler.

Boyd, 42, admitted a string of motoring offences including dangerous driving, failing to stop at the scene of an accident and driving without a licence or insurance during a hearing at Ipswich Crown Court on February 24.

The Crown Court heard that 43-year-old Chris Corder, of Hadleigh, Suffolk, suffered "catastrophic" brain injuries and was left in a coma.

Prosecutor Steven Dyble said Boyd was at the wheel of the Babyshambles singer's car when he hit Mr Corder in Hadleigh last September.

Magistrates have been told that Doherty, of Marlborough, Wiltshire, had been given a 18-month driving ban and a £2,050 fine in December at Gloucester Crown Court after admitting careless and drink driving following a concert.

Lawyers said the two bans would run concurrently and Doherty would not be able to re-apply for a licence until the 18-month ban had ended.

Bruce Clark, for Doherty, said the singer, who will be 31 on Friday, had believed that Boyd was insured. He said Boyd had also thought that he was insured.

Doherty was not in court on Thursday - court officials said he was not required to attend.

Press Association

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment