WATCH: Eurovision team Ireland backing singer's incredible impromptu solo performance
Published 12/05/2016 | 10:19
Nicky Byrne certainly has some good support behind him in Stockholm tonight, not least from backing singer Jennifer Healy.
Last week Nicky and the Irish delegation were invited to an embassy event where Nicky slayed his doubters with an acoustic version of Sunlight at Orla O’Hanrahan, the Ambassador's residence.
However, he wasn't the only Irish voice impressing the gathered guests as Jennifer sang an impromptu song - Jess Glynne's My Love - accompanied on guitar by fellow band member Ian James White.
It's fair to say she's absolutely incredible in the video of the performance she posted to Facebook.
"It was a huge honour to get to sing at the Ambassador's residence and I really enjoyed getting to do something to show who I am as a solo performer as well as a backing vocalist!" Jennifer told Independent.ie
"Everyone is absolutely buzzing for tonight. We had the full run through performance for the jurors in an almost full arena last night and it went so well. The atmosphere was electric! I can't wait to do it all again later and hopefully get through to Saturday. We might even get to meet Justin Timberlake if we do!"
Jennifer will take to the stage with Nicky and fellow band members Janet Grogan (of X Factor UK fame), Jason Boland and Ian tonight for their highly anticipated performance of Sunlight.
The Eurovision second semi-final will kick off at 8pm on RTE2.
- Read more: Will Nicky Byrne make the final? Our Eurovision expert does the maths
- Nicky Byrne will have stones from dad's grave in his pocket on Eurovision stage tonight
- 'I'm nervous because I just want him to get through', says Georgina Byrne of Nicky as family fly out for Eurovision
- Chill out you Eurovision detractors, it's only telly!
- Nicky Byrne strikes back at Eurovision doubters with acoustic performance of 'Sunlight'