Tori Amos announces two Irish dates on Native Invader tour
Tori Amos has announced her Irish return with live dates at the Cork Opera House on September 6th and Dublin’s Bord Gàis Energy Theatre on September 7th.
Her new album Native Invader releases on Decca Records on September 8, following on from Unrepentant Geraldines in 2014.
Speaking of the new album, Tori Amos says:
“The songs on ‘Native Invader’ are being pushed by the Muses to find different ways of facing unforeseen challenges and in some cases dangerous conflicts. The record looks to Nature and how, through resilience, she heals herself The songs also wrestle with the question: what is our part in the destruction of our land, as well as ourselves, and in our relationships with each other?
In life there can be the shock of unexpected fires, floods, earthquakes, or any cataclysmic ravager – both on the inside and outside of our minds. Sonically and visually, I wanted to look at how Nature creates with her opposing forces, becoming the ultimate regenerator through her cycles of death and re-birth. Time and time again she is able to renew, can we find this renewal for ourselves?”
Tickets for her Irish shows go on sale at 10am on Friday April 28 from Ticketmaster.
6 Sept. Cork Opera House: Tickets €51.15 incl. Booking fee
7 Sept. Bord Gàis Energy Theatre: Tickets from €53.15 incl. Booking fee
6. Ireland, Cork – Opera House
7. Ireland, Dublin – Bord Gais
9. Belgium, Gent – Capitole
10. Luxembourg – Luxembourg Den Atelier
11. France, Paris – Grand Rex
13. Holland, Amsterdam – Carre
14. Holland, Utrecht – Tivoli
16. Germany, Frankfurt – Jahrhunderthalle
17. Italy, Milan – Arcimboldi
18. Switzerland, Geneva – Theatre Du Leman
20. Austria, Linz – Brucknerhaus
21. Switzerland, Zurich – Volkshaus
23. Denmark, Copenhagen – DR Concert
24. Norway, Oslo – Konzerthus
26. Germany, Hamburg – Laeiszhalle
27. Germany, Essen – Colosseum
29. Germany, Berlin –Tempodrom
30. Germany, Munich – Philharmonie
1. Austria, Vienna – Konzerthaus
4. UK, London – Royal Albert Hall
5. UK, Manchester – Palace Theatre
6. UK, Glasgow – O2 Academy