Longitude update - everything you need to know on getting there (and back), access, and safety
Longitude Festival kicks off at Marlay Park this Friday 18 July for three days of acts from Hozier to Haim and James Vincent McMorrow to Sunday headliners Massive Attack.
Whether you're going for three days or just one, here's everything you need to know on how to get there (and home) and how to keep yourself sunburn free, and safe!
Gates open 1.30pm each day with first act taking to the stage at 2pm.
You are advised to plan and book your travel arrangements in advance. Options include car-pooling, cycling, walking, Dublin Bus, LUAS, advance return booking on Marathon Shuttle Bus, private coach booking or taxis.
Organisers recommend you allow an extra 2 hours for travel time to the venue.
Also, no unaccompanied under 16s are allowed on site. They must be accompanied by an adult over 18 and only forms of proof of age accepted are passport, Garda age card, driving licence, and PASS cards.
Umbrellas are not allowed on site so bring rain gear and wellies. If it's sunny bring sun cream and a hat.
Concert shuttle bus
Marathon Sports Travel are hosting shuttle buses from Custon House Quay in the city centre direct to Marlay Park. It’s a return service and you are advised to book online in advance at http://bit.ly/1gn4Oo7 because priority will be given to pre bookings. Fare is €10 return, €9 when booked online in advance. Until 5pm Wednesday you get another €1 off. Online booking closes at 10am on the day of each concert.
Operating times for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are:
Customs House Quay to Marlay Park: 13:00, 13:30, 14.00, 14:30, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00,18:00
Previously advertised 19:00 will not be operating for any evening.
Marlay Park to Customs House Quay: 21:00 - 00:30 – buses will depart as they fill.
Dublin Bus routes serve the Grange Road entrances of Marlay Park:
16 - Airport / O’Connell Street to Grange Road
116 - Burlington Road to Grange Road
161 - Dundrum Road Luas Station to Grange Road
These Dublin Bus routes serve Ballinteer Shopping Centre approx. 15 minutes walk to concert site:
14 - Beaumont via Amiens Street to Ballinteer Shopping Centre
75 - The Square Tallaght / Dun Laoghaire to Ballinteer Shopping Centre
NOTE: Not all services will be operating at the end of the concerts - Please check timetables prior to travel. For more information tel: 01 873 4222 - 0830hrs – 1800hrs (Monday to Saturday excluding Public Holidays) or www.dublinbus.ie
Private Hire Coaches
The organisers don’t organise private coaches so if you’re travelling by private coach agree with the driver where to collect from after the concert, and exchange numbers. There is no private hire coach parking on site and they won’t be able to pick up from Grange Road ro College Road car park.
Taylors Three Rock Pub located on The Grange Road may have coach parking space for a fee. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (01) 494 2311 www.taylorsthreerock.ie
The closest Luas stations are Ballaly and Dundrum. It is approx. a 30minute walk to concert site. For more details on Luas routes go to www.luas.ie/routes
Taxi & pick ups
A taxi & pick up service will be facilitated on Stonemason’s Way, at the junction with Grange Rd to its junction with Barton Rd East. Please note this is the only designated pick up point for this event.
Travelling by car
Limited parking is available in Marlay Park. Don’t park in residential areas or illegally.
Traffic and parking delays are inevitable you are strongly advised to use public transport or carpool.
Please plan your journey in advance and allow plenty of extra travel time to and from the venue. Check the AA Roadwatch website for updates. For the latest live show day traffic updates telephone AA Roadwatch 1550 131 811 (AA Roadwatch premium rates apply) or tune into RTÉ 2fm.
From Dublin city centre – via Ranelagh, Clonskeagh, Goatstown, Sandyford, Grange Road and then onto College Road for car-parks.
From the M50 – USE JUNCTION 12 and 13
Junction 12 - exit M50 at Junction 12 Interchange, signposted R823, Ballyboden.
Follow Scholarstown Road, Taylor’s Lane, turn right onto Whitechurch Road and then left onto College Road. Entrance to car-parks is off College Road.
Junction 13 – exit M50 at Junction 13 Interchange (Dundrum).
Follow Brehonfield Road R133, direction Rathfarnham. Turn left at Ballinteer St John’s GAA Club onto R822 (signposted Ticknock). Turn right at traffic lights at Taylor’s Three Rock Pub onto College Road R113.
Entrance to car-parks is off College Road. Car parks open at 12.30pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Disabled access tickets are available for this event through Ticketmaster call them on their Special Needs Hotlines 0818 903001 / +353 818 903001 (Republic of Ireland) +353 1 648 6060 (International) Service Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 5:30pm.
For any additional special needs queries regarding parking/access etc please email Access@festivalrepublic.com
TICKETMASTER Credit Card collections will be located at the entrance off the Grange Road opposite Centra and Lidl
For non-ticket related queries please email Enquiries@FestivalRepublic.com. If during the event you have a query or wish to provide feedback please notify a member of staff. It is your responsibility to bring any issues you have to a member of staff at the event.
These are outdoor events. Longitude 2014 will take place rain or shine.
• Always check the weather forecast before setting off and dress appropriately for the weather. If it is sunny please bring sun-cream and a hat. If it is raining please bring wet weather clothing including wellies.
• There is no phone charging onsite please ensure that you fully charge your phone before setting off.
• Allow enough time for traffic, concert entry procedures, ticket checks and searches.
• Note that if you are or perceived to be intoxicated you will be refused entry to the concert even if you hold a valid ticket. Intoxication through alcohol or drugs, any form of antisocial behaviour, Crowd Surfing or Moshing will not be tolerated. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to or remove from the venue anyone taking part in these activities without a refund.
• You may be body and/or bag searched at the entrance. Any item(s), which may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon or illegal, or which may cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event, will be confiscated. Persons suspected of carrying items that may be used in an offensive or dangerous manner, or carrying out illegal activities within the arena or other parts of the site may be searched.
• No unaccompanied under 16’s are allowed on site. Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult over 18.
Note you may be asked to prove your age with photo ID or you will be refused admission.
Acceptable forms of proof are: Passport, Garda Age Card, Driving-Licence and PASS cards.
We reserve the right refuse admission without a refund if you cannot prove your age.
Children 4 years and under do not need a ticket to the event but must be accompanied by a ticket holding adult over 18.
• There is no re-admission for day ticket holders.
• Respect the property and privacy of residents in the vicinity.
• Under 18’s are not permitted to purchase alcohol on site. It is illegal for a person over 18 to purchase alcohol on the behalf of someone under 18.
• For your own safety please co-operate with stewards and Gardaí and follow any loudspeaker announcements.
• For your own and the safety of others please move slowly and quietly when exiting the Longitude site and co-operate with stewards’ directions.
• Note that official merchandising will be available inside the grounds only.
• Smoking including electronic cigarettes is not permitted in enclosed public spaces or buildings including Arena big tops and tents.
• Note that the concert is being recorded for visual and audio broadcast.
• Excessive exposure to loud music may cause damage to your hearing.
• Pyrotechnics, lasers, smoke machines, strobe lighting/special effects may take place during some performances.
• Note location of Entry / Exit Gates, Emergency Exits, First Aid Posts and Water Points.
• Wear bright clothes or luminous armbands if you are walking in the dark.
• Do not rush the exits after the concert.
• Do not crowd surf or mosh, as you will be removed from the venue without refund.
PLEASE NOTE SEARCHING WILL TAKE PLACE ON ENTRY TO THE EVENT:
• Do not bring garden furniture, deckchairs, fold up chairs or shooting sticks.
• Do not bring knives, weapons or illegal substances, to this event. Including herbal/legal highs or NOS.
• FLARES are strictly prohibited at this event and can cause injury and harm to others. Anyone found in possession will be ejected.
• The following items may not be brought into the venue - Gas canisters, aerosols over 250ml, airhorns, fireworks, flares, glass, illegal substances, drugs, ‘legal highs’, laser equipment/pens, megaphones, nitrous oxide, sky or ‘chinese’ lanterns, sound systems, spray cans, tabards/high viz jackets, cans, umbrellas, flag poles, generators, and camping equipment including folding chairs. All items will be confiscated.
• Note that catering and bar facilities are available inside the venue.NO ALCOHOL, DRINKS, OR FOOD are permitted to be brought into the venue (with the exception of up to 500ml of soft drinks in a sealed plastic bottle)
• Glass is not permitted on site
• With the exception of registered guide dogs, animals are not allowed onsite.
• Do not bring professional cameras or recording equipment into the grounds.
The organisers appeal to fans to respect the local community by not littering, not engaging in anti social behaviour and by not parking illegally or in residential areas.
For more info check out www.longitude.ie