Canadian singer Grimes 'electrocuted' mid-song on Dublin stage
Published 16/03/2016 | 13:18
Canadian singer Grimes suffered a few technical failures at her gig in Dublin's Olympia Theatre on Tuesday night.
The singer, real name Claire Boucher, later tweeted an apology to her fans, explaining that she was 'electrocuted' (meaning she suffered a few electric shocks) by a faulty effects pedal on stage.
"Dublin! 1 mil apologies that my pedal failed and I was electrocuted, but there r tears in my eyes that y'all were so so wonderful," she posted on Twiiter.
The tweet has since been deleted, but she later shared an appropriate Simpsons' image on Instagram, with the caption; "appreciating every1 who tweeted this at me today haha. Thank u thank u Dublin for being sweet and kind."
The Realiti singer, who turns 28 on St Patrick's Day, was treated to a rousing performance of Happy Birthday while her crew struggled to fix the technical issue.
Concert-goer Natalie Conway said: "She got electrocuted about six times. Most were little shocks but there was one big one. If it was me, I would have walked off stage but she kept playing so fair play to her."
Grimes told fans that she wanted to return to Dublin to "visit castles" and "play a proper set".
The 27-year-old made the most of her time in the capital, visiting the reindeer in the Phoenix Park and enjoying a 'haunted' tour of the city on the Ghost Bus.