Buying tickets for Ed Sheeran? You need to read Ticketmaster's important guidelines for fans
Tickets for Ed Sheeran's seven stadium gigs across Ireland go on sale at 9am on Saturday morning and will likely sell out in minutes.
However, the 'Shape of You' singer is taking steps to trounce ticket touts and it's important for anyone buying tickets to be aware of the measures that have been put in place.
Tickets for Ed's last two Irish shows, at the 3Arena in Dublin, sold out in minutes and some were then being resold for inflated prices on touting sites almost immediately.
For next year's gigs, however, tickets from second hand sources will not be accepted.
Sheeran's team has already specified that any tickets that are resold will not be valid, and ID will be needed to gain entry to the show.
"Ed and his team have a strict stance against anyone using secondary ticketing websites for profit. On this tour, any tickets that are resold will not be valid – this means no profit to touts and no one getting ripped off," read the statement.
"On all the stadium dates you will be required to bring your tickets, booking confirmation and credit card, plus a valid form of ID or you will not be granted entry to the show."
Now Ticketmaster has issued eight guidelines for fans too:
- The name on the card used to purchase tickets will be the name printed on the tickets.
- The person whose card is used to book the tickets (lead booker) must be in attendance on the night of the show.
- The lead booker must bring ID and card used to book in order for them and the rest of their party to gain entry.
- All members of one party must enter as a group. Failure to do so will result in some party members not being admitted.
- Tickets can be purchased as a gift - but tickets must be purchased in the cardholder's name and on the day of the show please provide the attending party with the credit card, or a photocopy/photo of hte card used at the time of booking. You will also need to bring along a valid ID to reflect family name.
- Tickets can be purchased at Ticketmaster outlets nationwide and online at Ticketmaster.ie. Tickets can be purchased with cash at an outlet or credit/debit card. If purchasing at an outlet you will be required to present ID. Please ensure the name on your ticket corresponds with your ID. You must retain your receipt in order to gain entry.
- Tickets limited to 4 per purchase.
- Under 18’s must be accompained by an adult 18+. This applies for both standing and seating. Parents/guardians intending to bring young children are advised to purchase seating tickets.
Ed will play Dublin, Cork, Galway, and Belfast, kicking off at Pairc Ui Caoimh in Cork on May 4 2018, with a second date at the venue on May 5.
He will then play Boucher Road Playing Fields, in Belfast on May 9 before Galway's Pearse Stadium on Saturday May 12 and Sunday May 13.
His Dublin dates will see him play the Phoenix Park on Wednesday May 16 and Friday May 18.
Tickets on sale Saturday July 8 at 9am.
Independent.ie Comments Facility
INM has taken the decision to remove the commenting facility on its online platform Independent.ie to minimise the legal risk to our business that arises from Ireland's draconian libel awards system.
We continue to look forward to receiving comments through direct email contact or via social media, some of which may still be featured on the website Independent.ie