Michael Buble's 3-year-old son Noah has been diagnosed with cancer
Published 04/11/2016 | 13:48
Michael Buble and his wife have confirmed that their three-year-old son has been diagnosed with cancer.
The couple released a statement on Facebook today confirming the news, after an Argentinian newspaper, La Nacion, leaked reports about their son's illness on Thursday evening.
"We are devastated by the recent cancer diagnosis our oldest son Noah who is currently receiving treatment in the United States. We've always talked a lot about the importance of family and the love we have for our children," it read.
"Luisana and I will devote all our time and attention to help Noah to get better, for now suspending our professional activities. During this difficult time, we ask you to pray for him and please respect our privacy.
"We have a long road ahead and we hope that with the support of our family, friends, fans around the world and our faith in God, we can win this battle."
The type of cancer has not been confirmed.
According to La Nacion, Michael's wife Luisana flew to the US to visit doctors regarding serious concerns over their first-born son's health.
Luisana's representative, Javier Furgang, initially said that the actress travelled to the US because she had six days off from filming her new movie, Numb, alongside Hayden Christensen and Harvey Keitel.
He said that the trip had been planned in advance so that Luisana and family could be reunited with Micheal who had just finished a promotional tour of Europe and the US.
However, it has since been revealed that the family are in the US to visit doctors.
The couple are also parents to 11-month-old son Elias.
In June 2015 Noah was rushed to hospital in Argentina with significant burns after he poured hot water over himself in the family's home in Buenos Aires.
Speaking of the ordeal, Luisana (29) said she often asked herself "why this happened".