Mariah Carey battles backstage fire
Published 19/05/2010 | 15:46
Mariah Carey managed to save herself when a fire broke out in her dressing room while she was on tour in Egypt.
The famous diva didn't wait around for a hero to come along and leapt into action to put out the flames.
Mariah wrote on Twitter: "In Egypt getting ready to go on stage and suddenly there was a surge of power and an electrical fire started under my feet! Wtf?! Naturally, my emergency instincts kicked in and I put out the flames with a towel."
She added: "The funny thing about this is an ol'skool radio station in the other room started playing 'aww freak out!' at that exact moment!"
The 40-year-old singer later tweeted to a friend: "Appalled you didn't tweet to see if I'm ok after the fire incident in Egypt! (Said in my diva theatrical accent)."