Wednesday 28 June 2017

ITV clinches new X Factor deal

ITV has secured a new deal to keep hit show The X Factor
ITV has secured a new deal to keep hit show The X Factor

ITV has agreed a new three-year deal to keep hit shows The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent on its channels.

The arrangement extends ITV's nine-year relationship with music mogul Simon Cowell until 2013.

Britain's Got Talent will return to ITV1 next spring and The X Factor in autumn 2011. ITV2 will continue to broadcast The Xtra Factor and Britain's Got More Talent.

As part of the renewed collaboration with Syco Entertainment and FremantleMedia, the broadcaster said it had also secured exclusive UK broadcast rights to the American version of The X Factor and America's Got Talent for ITV2.

Cowell said: "I am thrilled this deal has been concluded with ITV to enable our relationship to continue to develop. I am committed to making sure both shows get bigger and better every year.

"I have a lot to thank ITV for; they have been key in making The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent the UK's biggest television shows."

Peter Fincham, ITV Director of Television, added: "The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent are the shows that have helped define the last decade of television in the UK and have become more than just a talking point: they are a national obsession, and I'm delighted that our viewers can continue to enjoy them on ITV over the next three years."

The two programmes have proved popular in the ratings, with peak audiences of 19.3 million for last year's The X Factor final and 19.9 million for the Britain's Got Talent Final.

ITV said Sunday's second live results show of the seventh series of The X Factor peaked at 15.2 million.

Press Association

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment