Domingo undergoes cancer surgery
Published 08/03/2010 | 17:21
Placido Domingo has undergone surgery to remove a cancerous polyp.
Spokeswoman Nancy Seltzer said the 69-year-old tenor had surgery last week at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York and was released on Sunday.
He is expected to make a full recovery.
Seltzer says the malignancy was localised.
She said Domingo was expected to resume his singing schedule at Milan's Teatro alla Scala on April 16 with a performance of Verdi's Simon Boccanegra.
In addition to singing and conducting, Domingo will continue as general director of the Los Angeles Opera and the Washington National Opera.