Dion cancels shows due to illness
Published 18/02/2013 | 15:51
Celine Dion has had to cancel some of her Las Vegas shows after falling ill with sinusitis.
The Canadian singer came down with the illness after recovering from the flu, and doctors have now told her to take it easy and rest for a week, according to the Montreal Gazette.
It means the mum-of-three won't be well enough to go on stage this week at The Colosseum in Caesars Palace, where she is currently in the middle of a residency.
A message on the star's website said: "After recovering from the flu last week, Celine developed a secondary infection (sinusitis) which is being treated with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medicine. Her doctor has instructed her to rest for a period of seven consecutive days in order for her to fully recover.
"Celine's previously scheduled dates February 26 through March 16 will proceed as scheduled."