Wednesday 22 October 2014

Zemeckis: No Back To The Future 4

Published 01/02/2013 | 09:21

Michael J Fox starred in Back To The Future

Robert Zemeckis has denied that there will be a fourth Back To The Future film.

Despite the long-running rumours surrounding another instalment of the time-travelling franchise, which starred Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd, the Oscar-winning director and writer said there are no plans for a fourth movie.

"There is no truth whatsoever," he said about the stories.

The Flight filmmaker previously told Empire: "There's no Back To The Future IV and there shouldn't be a Back To The Future IV. I don't think there should ever be a fourth sequel to anything. Three is a dramatic number. It's a three-act structure... Four is boring."

Robert directed and co-wrote the three films with Bob Gale, who has also debunked the rumours.

"Michael J Fox is not in the best of shape with his Parkinson's. The idea of making another Back To The Future movie without Michael J Fox... you know, that's like saying, 'I'm going to cook you a steak dinner and I'm going to hold the beef.' You can't do that," he said in 2008.

He added: "I'm sure Universal would love it if we were to say to them, 'Hey, let's do another one!' but we don't think we could ever make a fourth one that would live up to how great the first three are, so we're going to leave well enough alone."

Press Association

Read More

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment