Movies

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Sylvester Stallone: No truth to Nicolas Cage 'Expendables' rumours

Published 07/11/2012|13:36

  • Share
Sylvester Stallone says Nic Cage is not joining The Expendables 3

Sylvester Stallone has shot down rumours that Nicolas Cage has joined the next Expendables movie.

  • Share
  • Go To

Earlier this week film sites started reporting that the Ghost Rider actor was in talks for a role in the third film in the action-packed series, citing a Facebook page claiming to be Stallone's own and his comments in a Spanish paper.

But the Rocky star - who starred in the first two films in the franchise and directed the first - told Deadline there is no truth to the speculation, saying he "has no knowledge of Nic Cage joining Expendables 3".

While Cage isn't on board, a follow up to the 2010 film and this year's sequel is expected.

The original films featured a host of action stars, including Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger, and many are expected to reprise their roles.

Press Association

Read More

Classifieds

CarsIreland

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet, chat and connect with
singles in your area

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet Singles Now

Findajob

Apps

Now available on

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment