independent

Thursday 17 April 2014

Snyder says no to Star Wars movie

Zack Snyder is currently busy with post-production on two movies

Zack Snyder has denied that he is involved in the Star Wars franchise.

There had been rumours that the Man Of Steel filmmaker is planning to "develop" a Star Wars spin-off film, which is based on Akira Kurosawa's 1954 film Seven Samurai, but he has brushed off the stories.

"While he is super flattered because he is a huge fan, Zack is not involved in any way with the new Star Wars. He is currently in post [production] on his two films, Man Of Steel and 300: Battle Of Artemisia," his spokesman told Heat Vision blog.

Zack, who previously said that he has no interest in directing any of the new Star Wars sequels being made by Disney, had been reported to be working on a stand-alone story for Lucasfilm set within the series' galaxy and parallel to the next trilogy, said Vulture.

Immortals actor Henry Cavill stars as Superman in Zack's Man Of Steel alongside Amy Adams, Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe, while Eva Green, Jack O'Connell and Rodrigo Santoro are in the 300 sequel.

Press Association

Also in this Section

Classifieds

CarsIreland

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet, chat and connect with
singles in your area

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet Singles Now

Findajob

Apps

Now available on

Top Stories

Most Read

Independent Gallery

Your photos

Send us your weather photos promo

Celebrity News