Movies

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Singer: Sex abuse suit a shakedown

Published 25/04/2014|11:27

  • Share
Bryan Singer said sexual abuse allegations against him are 'completely false'

Director Bryan Singer has broken his silence after he was accused of sexual abuse, saying the allegations are "vicious and completely false".

  • Share
  • Go To

Aspiring actor Michael Egan III filed a lawsuit earlier this month claiming that the filmmaker forced him into sex during parties in the US when he was 17 in the late 1990s.

Singer has already denied the claims via his lawyers, but has now released a statement in which he also said he would skip all press events for his latest movie X-Men: Days Of Future Past because he doesn't want the case to detract from the film.

"The allegations against me are outrageous, vicious and completely false," he said.

"I do not want these fictitious claims to divert ANY attention from X-Men: Days Of Future Past. This fantastic film is a labour of love and one of the greatest experiences of my career. So, out of respect to all of the extraordinary contributions from the incredibly talented actors and crew involved, I've decided not to participate in the upcoming media events for the film.

"However, I promise when this situation is over, the facts will show this to be the sick twisted shakedown it is."

The director also thanked his fans, family and friends for " their amazing and overwhelming support".

X-Men Days Of Future Past is set for release on May 23 and stars Jennifer Lawrence, Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender, Halle Berry and Patrick Stewart.

Press Association

Read More

Classifieds

CarsIreland

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet, chat and connect with
singles in your area

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet Singles Now

Findajob

Apps

Now available on

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment