Tuesday 28 March 2017

Sheen thanks fans as tape released

Charlie Sheen has thanked fans for their support during his troubles
Charlie Sheen has thanked fans for their support during his troubles

Charlie Sheen has released a statement thanking fans for their support during his recent troubles.

The star's TV show Two And A Half Men is effectively on hiatus after the actor voluntarily checked into rehab.

Charlie said in a statement released by his representative: "I have a lot of work to do to be able to return the support I have received from so many people.

"I want to say, 'Thank-you' to my fellow cast members, the crew of Two And A Half Men, and everyone at CBS and Warner Bros... for their concern and support."

"Like Errol Flynn, who had to put down his sword on occasion, I just want to say, 'Thank-you', " the actor added. "And to my fans, your good wishes have touched me very much."

The statement was issued hours after the Los Angeles Fire Department released recordings of emergency calls in the incident which led to Sheen's admission to hospital last week.

In a five-minute recording, Dr Paul Nassif said he received a call from Sheen's residence and spoke with a secretary who sounded worried about the 45-year-old actor.

"They said don't call 911, but I got (Sheen) on the phone and he was very, very intoxicated, also apparently in a lot of pain," Nassif said.

Sheen was taken to a Los Angeles hospital and was released later that day. Sheen's publicist, Stan Rosenfield, cited the actor's history of hernia problems and later said his client went into rehab, but he did not say why.

Press Association

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment