Monday 20 February 2017

Sandra pulls out of UK premiere

Published 17/03/2010 | 14:21

The premiere of Sandra Bullock's film The Blind Side has been cancelled
The premiere of Sandra Bullock's film The Blind Side has been cancelled

Sandra Bullock has pulled out of her scheduled appearance at the UK premiere of The Blind Side, causing the event to be cancelled.

  • Go To

The premiere had been due to take place next Tuesday at the Odeon West End in London, where Oscar-winner Sandra was scheduled to attend with her co-star, newcomer Quinton Aaron.

Sandra - who won the best actress Academy Award for her performance in the film - was also due to attend a press conference and press junket next week, but organisers said she was no longer able to travel to the UK.

Organisers said Warner Bros had taken the decision to cancel the planned press conference and junket as well as the premiere.

The movie is based on the true story of Michael Oher and his journey from virtual homelessness to becoming one of American football's biggest stars.

Sandra won the gong for her role as Leigh Anne Tuohy, a well-heeled mother who takes Michael under her wing.

A Warner Bros spokeswoman said "unforeseen circumstances" had arisen and no further information was being given.

Organisers are still screening the film on Tuesday evening in Leicester Square and guests will still be able to use their tickets.

Press Association

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment