WATCH: Star Wars: The Force Awakens second official trailer
The live stream for the Star Wars Celebration in Anheim, California has just finished but revealed snippets about the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens and the second official trailer.
Director JJ Abrams and producer Kathleen Kennedy showcased the premiere of some new Star Wars: The Force Awakens footage and new trailer. Star Wars: The Force Awakens is released on December 18.
Here's a quick round-up of some of key things to emerge from the panel, and the best of the Twitter reaction so far (including observations from the Telegraph's Robbie Collin, who is in California and at the event right now):
• Good news on the female character front: according to Katherine Kennedy there's going to be a lot of strong women cropping up in Star Wars, including the sequels
• John Boyega is doing his bets not to give anything away ... but confirms his character is a stormtrooper, before being "shushed" by Abrams
• Daisy Ridley's Rey is a scavenger, who fends for herself and lives alone ... until she teams up with BB8
• Daisy Ridley, John Boyega and Oscar Isaac are on the stage (and Harrison Ford really wanted to be)
• And is very definitely all-real - the BB8 that appears in the film is actually a puppet, not CGI.
• The planet seen in the last trailer isn't Tatooine - it's Jakku
Independent.ie Comments Facility
INM has taken the decision to remove the commenting facility on its online platform Independent.ie to minimise the legal risk to our business that arises from Ireland's draconian libel awards system.
We continue to look forward to receiving comments through direct email contact or via social media, some of which may still be featured on the website Independent.ie