Sunday 11 December 2016

Owner of horror film house sue Warner Brothers for over-zealous fans

Published 30/10/2015 | 10:33

Lili Taylor as Carolyn Perron in a scene from The Conjuring
Lili Taylor as Carolyn Perron in a scene from The Conjuring

The owners of the house from the horror film 'The Conjuring' are suing Warner Brothers.

  • Go To

The owners are unhappy about the amount of people trespassing on their property since the film hit cinemas in July 2013.

Two years on, the house is still recieving unwanted attention and the owners are looking for compensation for nosy visitors.

Owner Norma Sutcliffe told the Boston Globe that “ever since the movie came out, we’ve been harassed, trespassed, stalked, and besieged".

She shared that she had been forced to call the police at "three am" only a few days before. "It's horrendous".

Sutcliffe and co-owner Gerry Helfrich are seeking monetary compensation for damage caused by the unwanted guests and for a security system they installed to counteract the crowds.

Sutcliffe alleges that she was not made aware of the film until it was already in production.

In 2005, the house and Sutcliffe were featured on Syfy's 'Ghost Hunters'.

CBS reported that a rep for Warner Brothers said the company has not yet seen the lawsuit.

Online Editors

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment