Entertainment Movies

Thursday 28 August 2014

Mendes to direct next Bond movie

Published 11/07/2013 | 20:07

  • Share
Sam Mendes will directed the next Bond movie, it has been confirmed

Film-maker Sam Mendes has been confirmed to return as the director of the next James Bond movie.

  • Share
  • Go To

The Oscar winner will work on the follow-up to his film, Skyfall, for release in 2015 after producers agreed to fit it around his theatre commitments.

Daniel Craig is also officially on board to star as Bond for a fourth time.

Mendes's 007 debut Skyfall - released last year - quickly became the highest-grossing film of all time in the UK.

The unnamed follow-up, which will be the 24th film in the series, is scheduled for release on October 23 2015 in the UK. Screenwriter John Logan, who worked on the most recent film, is also lined up for the next release.

In a statement, producers Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli said: "Following the extraordinary success of Skyfall, we're really excited to be working once again with Daniel Craig, Sam Mendes and John Logan."

Mendes has this year been concentrating on his musical stage production of Roald Dahl's Charlie And The Chocolate Factory.

He said today: "I am very pleased that by giving me the time I need to honour all my theatre commitments, the producers have made it possible for me to direct Bond 24.

"I very much look forward to taking up the reins again, and to working with Daniel Craig, Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli for a second time."

Press Association

Read More

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment