Entertainment Movies

Thursday 23 February 2017

Mel's Hangover sequel role scrapped

Mel Gibson's planned cameo in The Hangover Part II has been cancelled
Mel Gibson's planned cameo in The Hangover Part II has been cancelled

Mel Gibson's planned cameo in The Hangover Part II has been cancelled.

Warner Bros Pictures and director Todd Phillips said the embattled actor will not be appearing in the sequel to the popular ensemble comedy.

Mel's cameo role as a tattoo artist in the film was announced earlier this week.

Todd said that producers supported his decision to cast Mel, who has been engaged in a high-profile custody battle with ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva, but the decision "ultimately did not have the full support of my entire cast and crew".

The film is set to reunite Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Justin Bartha and Ed Helms, who starred in the 2009 summer blockbuster.

The sequel is scheduled for release next year.

Press Association

Read More

Promoted articles

Editors Choice

Also in Entertainment